For the past several months, family caregivers have had to face seemingly unsurmountable challenges related to the care of the seniors they love. With COVID-19’s particular dangers to the elderly and those with underlying health conditions, such as COPD, diabetes, heart disease, and others that are common in seniors, families have struggled with how to best protect and keep their older loved ones safe.
To that end, some families made the difficult decision to pause home care services to avoid having anyone come into the home – meaning they were suddenly responsible for full-time senior care. Without a care partner, this alone can be incredibly stressful, but add to that the many other new responsibilities and concerns brought about by the pandemic, such as shifting to working virtually, taking care of children who could no longer attend school or daycare, and more.
To say it’s been a stressful time is an understatement, but now, with many new safety protocols in place, is it safe to bring in a professional home care provider to help?
JFS Care, the Los Angeles, CA senior care experts (also serving surrounding areas), has continued to provide safe, dependable home care services for seniors throughout the pandemic, in accordance with all recommended guidelines. When you’re ready to explore home care options, keep these tips in mind:
- Work with a professional home care agency, like JFS Care, that has a well-thought-out COVID-19 plan in place – and ask for details about that plan.
- Plan to be there when the caregiver arrives the first time to ease any worries you may have, such as making sure he/she is wearing a face covering, washing hands often, sanitizing surfaces, etc.
- Talk with the senior’s doctor about any concerning medical conditions and to get recommendations for any additional safety measures that should be taken during home care visits.
The care experts at JFS Care are always here to answer any questions you may have and to share details about the steps we’re taking to protect the seniors in our care, such as:
- Wearing face coverings and other personal protective equipment as appropriate
- Thoroughly sanitizing and disinfecting any items brought into the seniors’ homes
- Ensuring all care staff are healthy through routine temperature checks and wellness assessments
- Practicing safe social distancing protocol
- And more
Call us at (213) 383-2273 any time to learn more about the many benefits of professional in-home care, and how we can help a senior you love live life to the fullest – safely and comfortably in the familiarity of home. Visit our Service Area page to see a full listing of the areas we serve.