Today, many family members are coordinating care for older loved ones, but not all feel prepared to do so. It’s common for family caregivers to be faced with care needs and questions that are beyond their expertise, and they could benefit from professional guidance and support.
Our care managers (known also as aging life care professionals) are certified experts trained to guide family caregivers toward the best wellness outcomes for their loved ones. We work with family caregivers to listen, educate, and coach, and also coordinate with other members of an older adult’s care team, including doctors, pharmacists, and ancillary service providers.
Is Care Management Right for Your Situation?
Care management services are beneficial when families:
- Live at a distance, or because of other commitments, find it hard to manage all of a senior loved one’s needs
- Struggle to see eye-to-eye with a senior loved one or with other family members
- Face a new transition with a senior loved one, such as a new diagnosis, hospitalization, or pending move
- Are concerned about safety: fall risks, driving, medications, abuse, isolation, depression, cognitive decline, etc.
- Are in need of an advocate for a senior loved one to help with assessing needs and providing decision-making and emotional support and guidance, prioritizing issues, and identifying others who can help
How Does Care Management Help?
Care management can help:
- Reduce risk and enhance safety for older adults
- Create a healthier life balance for the older adult and for his or her loved ones and improve family relationships
- Enhance overall quality of life through social engagement and focusing on what brings joy to an older adult’s life
JFS Care Offers Two Types of Care Management Services
Traditional Care Management
Traditional care management services are available on an as‑needed basis at an hourly fee of $160 (billed by the quarter hour). From our in-person consultations to ongoing oversight, our professionals will assess the situation, and provide you with recommendations to keep the senior safe, comfortable and as independent as possible; to enhance quality of life; and to help you manage with confidence the care needs at hand. Our professional care managers can provide ongoing monitoring to help advocate for the senior and keep you up to date.
JFS Care’s care managers are proud members of the Aging Life Care Association (formerly the National Association of Professional Geriatric Care Managers), an organization that has provided leadership, education, and advocacy for its members since 1985. Additionally, the CEO of JFS Care, Steven Barlam, proudly served as the President of the Aging Life Care Association and is now on its Board of Directors.
Care Management 2.0: On-Demand Family Support
For families who prefer not to have in-person meetings or a home visit, but who still want the benefits care management provides, our On-Demand Family Support program is an ideal and affordable option available to family caregivers for a monthly subscription fee of $150. With just a click or a call, family caregivers are connected to an experienced care manager who helps prioritize concerns and create a plan that can be successfully implemented. Additionally, participants receive:
- 75 minutes of access per month to a professional care manager
- Access to an educational library to help support family caregivers in providing the best care to an older adult loved one
- Participation as desired in a weekly family caregiver support group
- Trusted guidance and advice on resources specific to a loved one’s needs
- Peace of mind in knowing you have a trusted care partner by your side
Simply complete our online contact form or call us at 213.383.2273 to learn more about our care management services, and experience confidence and clarity in your caregiving role, with a professional to walk beside you every step of the way.