Researching the best place to turn with regard to the latest, most reliable info on COVID-19, specifically as it relates to older adults and people who provide caregiving assistance for them, is very important – and complicated. Due to many sources and differing opinions on this exceptional topic, we wanted to help make it simpler to locate what you need by compiling the subsequent list of trusted resources for older adults and their caregivers.
- COVID-19 Guidance for Older Adults: The CDC’s COVID-19 Guidance for Older Adults web page contains a wealth of important information, such as help establishing who is at greater risk, signs and symptoms, how to take care of yourself, a checklist for the household, stress and anxiety coping advice, and so much more.
- Caregiver Specific Articles and Resources on COVID-19 Safety: The Family Caregiver Alliance publishes caregiver-specific resources and information to help family members optimize the safety of the older adults in their care.
- Comprehensive FAQ List on Family Caregiver COVID-19 Issues: DailyCaring, an award-winning website dedicated to caregivers, created a commonly asked questions page to provide answers to dozens of questions, such as safeguards to take when visiting a senior’s home, simple tips to sanitize packages, proper handwashing techniques, and much more.
- NAHC COVID-19 Senior Care Resources: The National Association for Home Care & Hospice advocates for the scores of seniors who receive in-home care, as well as for families who provide that care. Their COVID-19 reference page provides articles, webinars, interactive tools, and much more.
- Coronavirus: What the Elderly and People with Disabilities Need to Know: ACL provides information on what older adults and those with disabilities must know to avoid acquiring and spreading the virus, including warning signs and symptoms, state-by-state guidelines, and an extensive list of federal and non-federal resources.
- AARP Answers Common Questions About COVID-19: AARP maintains an ongoing bulleted list of the most current information related to COVID-19, as well as what senior loved ones should do to minimize their risk of contracting it and answers to a number of common questions.
For many more resources to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, and for safe, reliable, in-home care to enhance wellness and comfort for the seniors you love, call on JFS Care today. Following a rigid protocol to ensure the safety of the senior loved ones we serve, we can assist with an array of necessary services, which include:
- Grocery shopping and running other errands, to allow older adults to stay safe at home
- Preparing delicious meals
- Companionship to relieve loneliness and stress through conversations, films, hobbies/interests, games, puzzles, and more
- Keeping the house thoroughly clean and sanitized
- Medication reminders
- Specialized care for people with dementia
- And many more
Get in touch with JFS Care at (855) 455-2273 for an assessment within the safety and comfort of home, to learn more about compassionate North Hollywood caregivers and how we can help your loved ones. To find out if we offer care in your community, please see our full service listing located here.